Passport Information

Passport header

Boyertown Community Library is a U.S. Passport Acceptance Facility.

Passport Services will be resuming July 18, 2020. Limited Passport Services available by Appointment only. No Expedited processing. Expect significant delays. Travel advisory in effect. Learn more at U.S. Department of State website

How to Apply for a Passport

  • Call 610-369-0496 to set up an appointment.
  • All applicants must apply in person, regardless of age.
  • Minors (under 16 years) must have both parents present or have a notarized Statement of Consent form (DS-3053) from the absent parent.
  • Currently, routine passport processing is experiencing significant delays due to COVID-19. There is no estimated time of arrival for passport processing. (subject to change).
  • If you need your passport urgently, please see: How to Get Your Passport in a Hurry (Currently, life-or-death emergenices only).
  • Both Passport Card and Passport Book can be used in place of a REAL-ID complaint license for domestic commercial air travel. Due to COVID-19, REAL ID enforcement is postponed until October 1, 2021.
  • Passport Card – Not for travel by air. Valid for land and sea crossings between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean only.

Please see the U.S. Department of State website for further information.

Passport Fees

Required Documentation:

The items needed to apply for a passport are as follows: 

  • One (1) passport photo
    • Boyertown Library will take your passport photo for a $12 fee. Otherwise, see the passport guidelines (available here).
  • Passport Application Forms
    • For a first time passport or a child's renewal, you will need the DS-11 form to submit your application. The form is available at the library, or you can print them from the Passport Agency website. Complete the passport application, before appointment, fill out in medium to heavy black ink, unsigned and no use of White-Out.
  • Proof of Citizenship
    • You will need a state-issued, certified birth certificate with a raised seal and with both parents names listed, or an expired passport (adults only), or an original Certification of Naturalization. If both parents are not listed, the applicant will need to apply for a new birth certificate.
  • Proof of Identity
    • Valid PA photo driver's license, or if out-of-state license, a second ID is required.