Join Berks County Public Libraries this summer for “Summer Quest,” a brand new summer learning initiative that will have your kids reading, exploring, learning, and earning prizes along the way. With free summer learning activities, virtual performances, digital resources, and curbside service, the library is here to serve your kids and teens all summer long!
From veteran teachers to new homeschool parents, to childcare providers for littles to our community partners who mentor teens, the libraries in Berks County are here to support YOU, our valued educators, in and out of the classroom.
Take a look at our quarterly newsletter that highlights what is happening our libraries, how you can use our free resources, and who to reach out to when you want to partner with us!
Want it sent directly to your inbox? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to join our mailing list.
In our Fall issue:
"Going Virtual: Bringing the Library to YOU!"
- Get Carded: 3 Easy Ways to Unlock the Virtual Library
- How to Get Free Digital Resources for Your Classroom NOW!
- What Happened When Reading Olympics Went Virtual
- Teen Book Drops: Berks Libraries' Own Subscription Box
- ...and much more!
Ready to begin your quest? Log-in here!
Choose your library’s page and get set to quest!
Programs & Activities
Summer Quest at your library also hosts tons of free learning programs and special activities. Check out our events calendar or “like” your library’s social media pages to see what programs are offered near you! Some highlights include:
- Log-in and stretch out at Fleetwood Area Public Library's kid-friendly yoga classes online!
- Meet a bearded dragon and a snowy owl when Wernersville Public Library “Zooms” with the Elmwood Park Zoo live every Tuesday!
- Join Boyertown Community Library's Teen Review Crew to share your favorite books, films, and more and have your work read by everyone!
- Sing and read with the Storyriders every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday at 10 am.
- Pick up a grab-and-go learning kit, including Craft Packs and Teen Book Drops sponsored by the Friends of Berks County Public Libraries!
Get the full schedule of summer library events, plus updates and more by clicking on your library's Facebook page below:
Libraries on Facebook:
Preventing the "Summer Slide"
The words “summer slide” may sound like a fun new playground ride, but it’s actually what teachers call the setbacks kids face when they are out of school over summer months. They’re not in class anymore, not engaged anymore, and kids start to forget what they’ve learned during the school year. Kids will generally lose 2 months of learning over the summer!
However, with the help of libraries and Summer Quest, kids who read, are read to, or participate in learning activities will not only retain what they’ve learned, but improve on it. Summer Quest will give your kids a head start when school resumes in the fall!