It’s convenient, the same price as at the Post Office, and you're supporting our community libraries.
How to Apply for a Passport
- Call one of the three available libraries to make an appointment.
- Minors (under 16 years) must have both parents present or have a notarized Statement of Consent form (DS3053) from the absent parent.
- The items needed to apply for a passport are as follows:
- State-issued, certified birth certificate with a raised seal and with both parents names listed, or an expired passport(adults only).
- 1 passport photo with a white background.
- Check to the U.S Department of State (ask what the current fee is when you call for your appointment). There is an extra fee for expedited service.
- Check to the library (ask what the current fee is when you call for your appointment).
- Completed passport application, filled out in medium to heavy black ink, unsigned and no use of White-Out.
- Valid PA photo driver's license, or, if out-of-state license, a second ID is required.
Sinking Spring Public Library does not take passport photographs. AAA, Sears, WalMart, and various drugstores offer passport photo service, and other places may offer it as well.
Boyertown Community Library and Kutztown Community Library do take passport photos.
You can pick up an application at the library or download the application from www.travel.state.gov (do NOT print double-sided). Fill it out USING BLACK INK at home, except for the signature. You must sign the form in the presence of the library staff member for it to be valid.
www.travel.state.gov provides complete information about juvenile and adult passports, valid IDs, fees, passport renewal and more.
Turnaround Time: 4-6 weeks for standard processing, 2-3 weeks for expedited processing.
Application Acceptance Hours — By Appointment Only
Boyertown Community Library
24 N. Reading Ave., Boyertown
*Call to schedule an appointment
Sinking Spring Public Library
3940 Penn Ave., Sinking Spring