Your Berks County Public Libraries card provides access to books and other materials from all member library locations in Berks County.
Library cards are available to all Pennsylvania residents. Anyone who lives, works, or goes to school in Berks County is eligible for a full-service library card. All other Pennsylvania residents will receive a limited-service card to borrow physical books and materials from member libraries. Full- and limited-service card outline available here.
How to get a library card:
- Visit any Berks County Public Libraries location and complete the registration form. Bring a valid photo ID. If you live outside of Berks but work or go to school in Berks County, you will be asked to provide information such as a paystub or current student ID. You can print and pre-fill out your information ahead of time by using these forms — Library card application form English or Library card application form Spanish.
- Apply for a library card online by clicking here. Anyone ages 13 and older can apply for a library card online. You'll be redirected to another page where you can select the "click here to register now" option to begin the registration process. You will need to visit your the library you selected in your application to complete the registration process and pick up your physical library card before receiving full accessing. Make sure to bring ID and proof of residency. Please note: if you already have a library card in the system, you may be unable to complete the online form. Contact the library if you experience a problem with the online registration.
One card, endless possibilities!
- Borrow items from our collective countywide catalog. A collection built by 23 libraries that is 900,000+ items strong and available to you.
- Access research databases like Ancestry.com, Morningstar Investment Research Center, Gale Elementary, and more. Explore thousands of resource materials including newspapers, historical documents and photos, magazine, journals, and e-books with POWER Library—Pennsylvania's Electronic Library.
- Download eBooks and eAudiobooks on your desktop or directly from your mobile device. Our one-click apps give you the freedom to read wherever you are, whenever you want. Items are returned automatically for worry-free borrowing. Your library, on the go.
- Connect to the Internet with patron computers and wireless Internet accessibility. All of our libraries offer computer portals with broadband speed connectivity and free Wi-Fi. Find a library closest to you.
- Experience a wide variety of programs and classes offered at each and every library location. Participate at any library near or far—it's all available to you. See our Events & Classes tab for upcoming programs at Berks County Public Libraries.