We rely on the support from generous library patrons like you. Contributions strengthen the library’s ability to serve and empower our community.
The Hamburg Public Library is now listed on AmazonSmile! A simple and automatic way for you to support the library every time you shop with tens of millions of products eligible for donations.
On your first visit to AmazonSmile, select Hamburg Public Library as the charitable organization of your choice before you begin shopping. Every eligible purchase you make will result in a donation towards the library at no extra cost to you!
Make sure you go to smile.amazon.com to get started. Thank you for your support!
Thank you for donating your used books and other materials to the Hamburg Public Library!
Proceeds from library book sales contribute to the library’s annual operating costs, and the success of our book sales rely on our generous donations. Library staff may review donated materials to select suitable items for the library’s collection, but most items go into the library’s book sales.
Donations must be made during library hours and should not be left outside the building. Please bring your items inside and ask for assistance at the desk.
We gladly accept:
- Books in good condition (clean, dry, and mold-free)
- Commercially recorded media: music on CD, audiobooks on CD, and movies or TV shows on DVD and Blu-ray
- Jigsaw Puzzles with complete pieces
- Games and Children’s Activities with complete pieces
Sorry, but we can’t take:
- Technical and legal manuals
- Textbooks, theses, or dissertations
- VHS or cassette tapes
- Magazines or Catalogs
- Items which are dirty, moldy, musty, chewed, or damp
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Travel guides more than 5 years old
- Homemade media recordings
- National Geographic Magazines
- Computer software
The Hamburg Public Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The library does not assign a value to the items you donate, however, a donation receipt can be provided
The Hamburg Public Library serves the residents of the Hamburg Area School District, Hamburg Borough, Perry Township, Tilden Township, Upper Bern Township, Upper Tulpehocken Township and Windsor Township. Don’t live in one of these municipalities? Don’t worry! You are always welcome in our library! However, if you do live in one of these municipalities, we need your help.
We often hear from municipal officials that they love our library, they think we’re doing great things, but their residents are not asking them to support the library financially. That’s where you come in. Please tell your municipal officials that you use the library and would like them to support it.
- Don’t know which municipality you live in? Find out here.
- Contact your municipal officials. Click here for a complete list of townships, contact information, and meeting times. You can write, call, or attend a meeting.
- Ask your neighbors to do the same!
The library relies a great deal on local municipal support and individual donations. Use of the library is increasing, and so are costs, but funding is decreasing. Please help by letting your municipal officials know how much you love the library!
Hamburg Public Library could not freely offer its collections, events, public computers, and other resources without your generous support. Your tax-deductible contribution makes a positive impact on your community in many ways. Library service is enhanced, library collections are built, and the library’s technological resources are improved through your generosity.
We now have a PayPal page, to make giving a donation even easier!
Honor someone special and help to build the Hamburg Public Library collection. Your tax-deductible donation will be used to purchase items for the library. A book plate will be placed on the inside front cover and inscribed with the words of your choice.
We cannot accept requests for specific titles.
For more information, please contact the library.
Apply for a Save-a-Tape card at the office of your local Redner's and use this card every time you shop. This card will automatically calculate and print a total of non-excluded items at the bottom of the tape.Then drop the entire Redner's receipt off at Hamburg Public Library. We will receive 1% of the totals from your receipts. Please take advantage of Redner's offer to support the library!
More hands make less work. Consider volunteering at the library. We are always on the look out for volunteers to help with shelving and programs and events at the library. Inquire at the circulation desk or fill out this form. Volunteers are always welcome!
Are you looking for a way to help your library, but would rather donate in a tangible way?
You're in luck!
The Hamburg Public Library is always looking for donations, and we would appreciate your help. You can see some items listed below as well as browse our wishlist on Amazon.com and have items shipped directly to the library.
If you or your organization or group would like to help fund any of the projects listed below, you may either purchase the item(s) yourself or make a monetary contribution and the library will purchase the items per your request. Your tax deductible gift greatly enhances the services the library provides to the public.
- Forever Postage Stamps—Any Amount
- Folding Tables for Outreach Events
- New or Gently Used Board Games
- New Unused Craft items
- Clear Plastic Storage Bins
- Book Cart-$500
- Sponsor a Library Project—$100
- Sponsor one or more of the library’s upcoming programs by providing the honorarium for our speaker or performer. If you choose, your business’ name may be promoted on library posters, handouts, calendars and press releases.
- New Public/Staff Computers