One of the most important cards in your wallet, your library card is the gateway to thousands of resources available at no cost to you. Experience what all 23 Berks County Public Library locations have to offer with just one card. September is Get the Card month—get carded today!
Why should I get a library card?
- Borrow any item from our countywide collective catalog. A collection built by 23 libraries that holds nearly 1,000,000 items available to anyone with a Berks County Public Libraries card. Explore the New Arrivals page to see recently added titles or browse the Library of Things collection.
- Access research databases like HeritageQuest, ValueLine, NoveList Plus, Reading Eagle Archives, and more. Explore thousands of resource materials including newspapers, historical documents and photos, magazine, journals, and e-books with POWER Library—Pennsylvania's shared library collection.
- Download eBooks and eAudiobooks on desktop or directly to your mobile device from the digital collection. Use Libby, the one-click reading app, to give you the freedom to read wherever you are, whenever you want. Items are returned automatically for worry-free borrowing. Your library, on the go.
- Connect to the Internet with patron computers and wireless Internet accessibility. All of our libraries offer computer portals with broadband speed connectivity and free Wi-Fi. Find a library closest to you.
- Experience a wide variety of programs and classed offered at each and every library location. Participate at any library near or far—it's all available to you. See our Events & Classes tab for upcoming programs at Berks County Public Libraries.
There are more public libraries than Starbucks in the U.S.—a total of 17,566 including branches. Nearly 100% of public libraries provide Wi-Fi and have no-fee access to computers.
Public libraries are a special kind of institution that provide a positive return-on-investment to their communities. See how much you save by using your public library. Add your monthly borrowing values to the Library Savings Calculator to find your monthly savings total.