As of March 28, 2022, The Village Library has become permanently fine free on our lending materials.
- Lost / damage fees will be assessed when materials are not returned within 30 days or damaged. If materials are returned after claiming to be lost, fees will be waived.
- Excluded items will be: Inter-Library Loan Items (materials borrowed outside the Berks County System), special passes, and Library of Things special Collection. Please check with other libraries in the Berks County System about their fine free policies. Not all libraries are fine free.
- Fines for Inter-Library Loan items are $.50 per day. Overdue DVD’s are $.25 per day. (Connected Multi-volume sets are per set )
- The maximum fine per item via Inter-Library Loan is:
- $10.00 for videos
- $10.00 for all other adult material
- Museum Passes $10.00 for lost/damage pass.
- The Village Library of things special collection. Lost/damage fees according to purchase amount. See other libraries about their lending policies and fees.
For more information about our fine free policy, please contact the library.