Fines, Fees, and Refunds
Cardholders are responsible for returning library materials on time. Overdue fines are charged as an incentive to return materials promptly. Fines are calculated by calendar day and vary by material type. The current fine table is posted at the Circulation Desk and online.
There are no fines on juvenile audio, books, magazines, or VHS tapes.
Fines for each card type. All fines are calculated by calendar day.
- Audio, books & VHS—$.10/day ($5.00 max)
- DVDs, DVD sets, eBook Readers $.50/day ($10.00 max)
- Magazines $.10/day ($2.00 max)
- Museum passes, ILLs $.50/day
- Audio, books & VHS—none
- DVDs, DVD sets, eBook Readers—$.50/day ($10.00 max)
- Museum passes, ILLs—N/A
- For lost/damaged card: $2.00 (both adult and juvenile)
- For lost/damaged museum pass: $15.00
- For all other lost/damaged items: Replacement value plus a $5.00 Administrative/Processing Fee
Refunds for lost items
Refunds may be given for lost materials which were previously paid for, if the materials are found and returned in good condition to the library within 60 days. Maximum fines (if applicable) and any Administrative Fees will be deducted from the refunded amount.