Now through June 30, Berks County residents can sign up for an Instant Digital Card. Check out digital library materials from OverDrive and Libby instantly without a physical Berks County Public Libraries card. Visit our OverDrive page on your desktop or download the OverDrive or Libby apps to log in with the Instant Digital Card to begin borrowing popular eBooks and eAudiobooks in just 30 seconds using only your cell phone number.
No library card? No problem!
When you access OverDrive online or through the mobile apps, you'll be prompted to sign up for an Instant Digital Card. Any Berks County resident can sign up for free just by verifying some information in a few easy steps.
- Visit our OverDrive page on your desktop or download the OverDrive or Libby apps to your mobile device. When using the apps, select the option to Sign In then select Sign in using a library card and search for Reading Public Library as your home library.
- Click on the Sign up for an Instant digital card option when prompted.
- You'll be asked to enter some information including your email address and cell phone number (this helps verify that you live in Berks County by the zip code associated with your billing address).
- You'll then be sent a verification code via text message to the phone number you provided (standard messaging rates may apply).
- Enter in the code and voilà—instant access to the Berks County digital library!
This card will stay active for 365 days after signing up. Missed out on the June 30 deadline? Enjoy borrowing from the digital library collection? Berks County residents can still borrow digital materials from your local library even after Instant Digital Cards are gone. Visit your local library to register for a traditional library card and access the online digital collection. Wyomissing Borough residents must register at the Wyomissing Public Library. All other county residents can register at any of the 23 Berks County Public Libraries locations.
Having trouble? Contact the Reading Public Library's reference desk (610-655-6355) to speak with a library staff member about setting up your Instant Digital Card.