Village Library Board Meeting
Village Library Board Meeting Agenda September 25, 2023, 6:00-7:00pm; Exec Session to Follow
The Village Library provides resources, services, programs, and technology, to enrich lives, build community, and foster success.
Call to order
Approval of last meeting’s minutes
Treasurer’s report and Finance Committee
- Financial Status at end-of-August
- Audit update
- Update on proposals to townships for increasing per capita contributions
- Summer Mailing: summary of results
Library Director’s report
- August report
- Upcoming events or activities for Q4
- Update on new policies as needed (vote on in exec session)
- Recruiting new board members (detail discussion in exec session)
- Recruiting a new director (detail discussion in exec session)
Friends of the Library report and Fund-Raising Committee
- Board/Friends/Staff meet, greet, eat; choosing a date in Q4 for this event?
- Fall Book Sale – date? Help with the set-up, break-down, other logistics, communicating detail to staff and members, and community, social media presence and local paper coverage
- November mail drive – rational approach to address lists (little green light?); tracking returns and thank you notes
- Holiday event – do/did we decide not to hold a December event or craft fair?
- March BBQ & Brew – is this a go and if so who will be in the lead? April golf event – ditto?
Township supervisors’ report (if applicable)
- Tree update
- Trash removal secured
- Other topics
- Communication, outreach and improving the library’s social media profile/presence
Next Board Meeting: 6:00pm-7:00pm, October 23 at the Village Library