This year's 4th Annual Garden Tour fundraiser, benefiting the Mifflin Community Library, features five "Gardens of Distinction" in Shillington and Cumru Township including:
1) a colorful variety of perennials, annuals and container gardens that complement the beauty and charm of Berks County’s only “Round House” built in 1927,
2) a magnificent ten acre private arboretum boasting over 200 specimens covering 100 varieties circling an extensive pond,
3) a combination of rock and embankment gardens, dry creek and water features as well as container gardens surrounding a 1938 Federal style suburban home,
4) an extensive hillside terraced pollinator garden site complete with beehives and a corps of “eager pollinators,” and -
5) learning & sharing gardens cared for by students and adult volunteers at a private school for children with intellectual and developmental disabilities that is complete with a variety of interesting facets - including a “Pizza Garden” that includes all you need to enjoy a great pizza!
In addition - hear live music, find out about beekeeping and the importance of pollinators as well as how to deal with garden invasions by white-tail deer. And…shop for low-cost plants, colorful flower boxes, used garden books, unique garden accents, hand-woven baskets and more! Sales items and lunch will be available for purchase at the John Paul II Center tour stop.
Tickets (cash or check payable to "Friends of MCL") are now on sale at Mifflin Community Library and Stein's Flowers (32 State St., Shillington). Credit card sales are available only at www.eventbrite.com. On Tour Day, June 22, tickets can also be purchased (cash or check) at the John Paul II Center tour stop at 1092 Welsh Rd., Shillington, PA 19607. This is a self-guided tour with a map provided with your Brochure/Ticket.